6.09.2009

The First Time Is Always a Little Painful

I thought I'd post my first-ever blog update on something near and dear to my heart: skin care.

It is truly frightening to witness how few people have dedicated skin-care regimens, even in glamourous NYC. Come on, people! We're not living in Indiana! We must keep up appearances.

Chelsea boys, I see you pumping iron, taking steroids, preening with hair gel, all in the name of vanity. Unfortunately, when you meet that special someone at a bar at 2am and you step into the harsh reality of track lighting, you risk scaring them off at the sight of your oversized pores and cackle lines. Fret not! I am here to help.

I've been using eye cream since I was 18, but I'm special and that's why I'm here. My superiority has its charitable side, so listen up.

Invest in the following: cleanser, exfoliant, toner, moisturizer, eye cream. Optional: serums.

Cleanse, exfoliate (everyday if you use a gentle exfoliant, thrice a week if it's a scrub), tone, moisturize face, apply serum to face, apply eye gel.

The process takes 5 minutes once you get into a routine.

If you want extra-flawless skin, invest in a good brand line. I recommend:

http://www.biologique-recherche.com/home.php?lang=fr-en

The next time you are sunning on Mustique, skiing in Aspen, or wine tasting in Tuscany, and you see your friends washing their dirty mugs with Noxeema, feel free to point, laugh, and smugly reach for your Biologique Recherche products.

You've been schooled.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire