6.16.2009

How To: Safe Tanning



I don't often hear those governmental warnings about sun damage and skin cancer when I'm in the middle of the sea on a yacht, but I have seen a few adverts during my layovers at JFK.




(Americans are such pills. Why do they take the fun out of EVERYTHING?)




Listen, a little sun is good for you. Most people don't have the complexion or skin tone that I possess, so a little extra glow will work wonders if you're not as fortunate as I.




What we want to avoid here is the W word. I think I feel a little vomit coming up at the very thought of it.....w-w-wrinkles. ThereIsaidit.




So here's how you do it.




1. Invest in a quality, broadband sunscreen (I'm looking at you, Connie Coppertone), with an SPF of 30-40. Don't apply it when you're already on your deck chair. Apply it before leaving the villa. I recommend this:






2. Limit your direct sun exposure to 2 hours. This will give you the colour that you want, without the redness that you don't.




3. Follow up sun exposure with moisturizer for face and body:




For face, take a pea-sized amount of Decleor Essential Balm, and rub palms together until the balm melts, and apply in long strokes to face and neck area. Leave on overnight.








For body, apply a good quality moisturizer, such as La Mer The Lotion:








Et, voila! With your newly sun-kissed, bronzed skin, you'll be one step closer to being as pretty as me.




My philanthropic endeavours know no bounds.




Et maintenant, je prends du soleil.




xoxo.








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire